Parkwoods United Church, situated in the Don Mills community of Toronto, is searching for an experienced Church Office Administrator.
This position will ensure the efficient administration of the church office, assisting the minister, staff, volunteers, and community of faith under the direction of the Ministry and Personnel (M&P) team. All activities associated with this position must be achieved in a manner consistent with the church’s vision statement, faith profile policies and procedures. See www.parkwoodsunitedchurch.ca for our story.
Position Title: Church Office Administrator
Parkwoods United Church: 85 Parkwoods Village Drive, Toronto,
Ontario, M3A 2X9
Job-type: Permanent – Part-time (15 hrs/week), Flexible to work on-site and remotely, Independent working environment
Related experience: 1- 3 years
Education: High School Diploma
Start date: September 6, 2022
Application deadline: August 26, 2022 or until the position is filled
Submit application to PUC.email@example.com
Vision and Mission:
We are a community of people, diverse in age and race, who believe in God as revealed in Jesus Christ, and who seek to grow in faith through Worship and Bible study, Fellowship and Prayer, Commitment and Witness.
Being open to the grace of God’s leading spirit we seek to be sensitive to the needs of all ages, and to be of service to God in our community and in the world around us.
- The Church Office Administrator is congregationally accountable to the Church Council through the Ministry & Personnel Committee. The Office Administrator is functionally (direction re day to day tasks, work scheduling etc.) responsible to the Minister of Parkwoods United Church.
- The Office Administrator represents the Church and is often the initial point of contact for persons both internal and external to the pastoral charge. Accordingly the Office Administrator is expected at all times to preserve and enhance the Church’s image and reputation of integrity, credibility, and honesty.
- The Office Administrator is, from time to time, privy to sensitive and confidential information relating to individuals and / or to the Church and must exercise the proper discretion relating to such information.
- assist the Minister in all clerical and communication work pertaining to his/her ministry;
- create weekly, or as required, the computerized Power Point visual displays to be utilized during worship services using the audio-visual equipment in the sanctuary and / or via ZOOM;
- collect and structure information, prepare and distribute weekly (in person, online or by regular mail, as appropriate) the Sunday Order of Worship and the Church Bulletin. Similar support is provided for funeral services, weddings and other special occasions, as required;
- communicate important information to the Minister, Council, volunteers, trades people and tenants as required;
- respond to Church messages (voice & email) as required and refer calls to other persons as needed and appropriate;
- deal with all persons who contact the office either through providing direct information and assistance or referring them to others as appropriate;
- reply to all general written and online enquiries. Maintain current and active files for all correspondence, ongoing events and programs;
- assist committees in preparation, formatting and distribution of communiques, as needed;
- order all office supplies as required, including, but not limited to supplies and service for computers and photocopier as required and/ or scheduled;
- maintain and update the database of Church members and adherents (working with the Coordinator of Growing in Faith and Coordinator of Growing in Service), providing address labels to Communications and Stewardship committees, as required;
- maintain and update the database of Church members’ births, marriages and deaths;
- assist in the preparation of the Church’s Annual Report and the United Church Statistics Report;
- sundry duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- have excellent communication skills in both spoken and written English;
- have advanced computer skills in Power Point;
- be proficient with Windows 10 and the Office 365 Family and its applications;
- have a working knowledge of MailChimp or be able to learn it quickly;
- ability to be flexible & work independently in an online office environment.
- A general knowledge of and familiarity with the United Church of Canada.
- Core Health & Dental
- Restorative Care Plan (Short-term disability)
Anyone entering the premises must be masked and provide contact tracing information. The building/shared equipment is cleaned regularly. A vaccine policy is in effect for all employees and persons renting space to be fully vaccinated. Policies are changed as required.
Qualified applicants should submit a copy of their resume and cover letter via email to the attention of the Chair of the Parkwoods Search Committee.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Contact email: PUC.firstname.lastname@example.org